As part of an upgrade to a major correctional facility in the Northern Territory, we were contracted to design, construct, install and commission a new Class A sewage treatment plant. With up-to 1,500 prisoners and staff within the facility, our client needed a solution that was designed and constructed to go the distance. The design includes a dual inlet works and balance tank upfront of the plant, a common Pre-Anoxic tank, three process trains and membranes, followed by UV and Chlorine disinfection. A three geobag system is used to dewater the waste sludge.
The Plant Includes:
- 20 x 10 x 4m (LWH) Insulated Control Room
- 316L Stainless steel Flow Balance Tank
- 316L Stainless steel Process Tanks
- Noggerath Inlet Works
- Kaeser Blowers and Air Compressors
- GE/SUEZ Submerged Membranes
- Boerger Rotary Lobe Permeate Pumps
- Grundfos Dosing and Process Pumps
- Wedeco UV Disinfection Systems
- Endress Hauser Promag Flow Meters
- Hach and IFM Process Instrumentation
- Allen and Bradley PLC
- ClearSCADA Operation Interface Program
The plant has been successfully operating for a number of months now with the recycled water produced used for irrigation around the facility and on an adjacent field. The completion of this significant plant highlights our ability to manage large challenging projects from concept to completion.
Project type: Prison
Location: Northern Territory
Type: Wastewater Treatment Plant
Contact us on 03 5274 1336 today to discuss your Wastewater Treatment requirements.